This weekend marks a global day of solidarity with the Occupy Movement. The 99 percent will not be silenced as the 1% consolidates our country’s wealth.
Occupy events are taking place at various locations across Wisconsin beginning Friday, October 14.
- Appleton, Saturday, Oct. 15: Gather at Jones Park at 9:00 am, bring your own lunch for noon. March to Chase Bank at 1:00 pm. 3:00 pm march to Houdini Plaza. 5:00 pm march back to Jones Park.
- Eau Claire, Saturday, Oct 15: 10:00 am to 1:00 pm, Owen Park.
- Green Bay, Friday Oct. 14: Rally at Green Bay City Hall, 3:00 pm.
- La Crosse: Visit the Occupy La Crosse Face Book page for up to date information.
- Madison, Saturday Oct. 15: March with Occupy Madison in the March to End the Wars, sponsored by the Madison Area Peace Coalition. 11:30 am, Library Mall.
- Milwaukee, Saturday Oct. 15: 11:00 am rally at Zeidler Park followed by a march to Chase Bank.
- New Berlin, Friday, Oct 14: Meet at Malone Park at 3:30pm and march to Chase Bank on 155th & National Avenue
We are protesting the misplaced priorities that have rewarded corporate CEOs and Wall Street bankers and left millions of Americans to suffer. Wall Street and corporate America wrecked our economy, it is time that banks and big corporations step up to fix it. It is time they invest in America and start creating the kind of good jobs that support a family by rebuilding our infrastructure and improving our schools.
Support a local Occupy action this weekend. Stand up and speak out for good jobs in our communities and a better direction for our state.