On April 24, Rep. Peter DeFazio (D-OR) launched a “We the People” petition on the White House website. The congressman’s goal is to get President Obama to act to save the Postal Service. We can save American jobs by preserving delivery standards and ending the unfair mandate to aggressively pre-fund future retiree health benefits.
Recently, the White House quadrupled the number of signatures needed to trigger a response—to 100,000—and it imposed shorter time limits for collection of signatures. The deadline for this petition is THIS Friday, May 24, and thanks to letter carrier activists, more than 24,000 Americans have already signed DeFazio’s petition.
Stand in solidarity with letter carriers and postal workers by signing and sharing the petition today!
Here’s how to sign the petition
1. Click the petition link
2. On the “We the People” petition web page, click CREATE AN ACCOUNT or SIGN IN. (If you have an account, sign in and skip to Step 6.)
3. Enter your e-mail address, name and ZIP code.
4. The website will then send you an e-mail message. Open it and click the link provided to activate your account.
5. Once your account is activated, click this link again to go to the petition page.
6. Click SIGN THIS PETITION.