Wisconsinites have been packing budget hearings across the state to speak out on the harms Gov. Walker’s 2013-2015 budget will inflict upon middle class communities in Wisconsin. As many of you learned during our virtual union-meeting in March, Gov. Walker’s budget proposals are no-good for workers and will continue to slow job growth and Wisconsin’s economic recovery.
In case you missed our virtual union-meeting, download our 2013-2015 Budget Summary to learn how Gov. Walker’s budget will impact you and your family. The Budget Summary provides a detailed guide of anti-worker proposals outlined in Gov. Walker’s budget.
It is crucial that working families continue to speak up and make their voices heard. Lawmaker will be amending and debating the budget in the next two months before taking a final vote in June. You can use our Budget Summary as a guide when discussing budget proposals with your representatives and friends.
In additional to the Joint Finance Committee Hearings scheduled for Lake Delton on Wednesday, April 10, 10:00am to 5:00pm at Kalahari Resort, Suites 2 and 7 (Main Level), and Baldwin on Thursday, April 18, 10:00 am to 5:00 pm at Baldwin-Woodville High School Auditorium, there are additional budget hearings and local listening sessions scheduled. These hearing and listening sessions will be hosted by Democratic lawmakers.
Democratic Budget Hearing Schedule
- April 20, Milwaukee: MPS Administration Building, 11:00 am-2:00 pm, 5225 W. Vliet St.
- April 22, Wausau: UW-Marathon County, 4:00-7:00 pm, 518 S. 7th Ave.
- April 23, Madison: Black Hawk Middle School, 4:00-7:00 pm, 1402 Wyoming Way
- April 24, Wisconsin Rapids: City Council Chambers, 5:00-7:00 pm, 444 W. Grand Ave.
- April 25, Appleton: Conference Center at Fox Valley Technical College’s D.J. Bordini Business & Industry Center, 4:00-7:00 pm, 5 Systems Dr.
- April 27, Barron: Barron County Courthouse, 10:00 am-4:00 pm, 1420 State Highway 25 North.
- April 29, Eau Claire: Chippewa Valley Technical College, 4:00-7:00 pm, 620 W. Clairemont Ave.
Democratic Listening Sessions
- April 13, Black River Falls: Black River Falls Middle School Commons, 1:00-3:00pm, 1202 Pierce Street
- April 15, Racine: Gateway Technical College -- Great Lakes Room, 4:00-7:00 pm, 1001 Main St.
- April 15, Centerville: Town of Trempeleau Town Hall, 6:30-8:30pm, W24854 State Road 54/93, Trempeleau
- April 16, Eau Claire: L.E. Phillips Memorial Library, 6:30-8:30pm, 400 Eau Claire Street
- April 20, Ashland: Northern Great Lakes Visitor Center, 10:00am, 29270 County Highway G
- April 22, Janesville: 1:00-6:00pm, Blackhawk Technical College, 6004 S. County Road G
- April 22, Prescott: 5:00-7:00pm, 800 Borner Street
- April 23, Mondovi: Roger Marten Community Center, 6:30-8:30pm, 120 South Franklin Street
- April 24, Milwaukee: Washington Park Senior Center, 5:30 pm, 4420 W. Vliet Street.