Now, we are asking Congress to respect the will of the voters by promising to:
1. Let the Bush tax cuts for the richest 2% of Americans expire.
2. Oppose benefit cuts to Social Security, Medicare, and Medicaid.
Join us around the state on Monday, December 10 as we participate in a Candlelight Campaign Against Cuts to lobby our Congressperson to do what is right for the American people during the lame duck congressional session.
- Appleton: 4:00 p.m. candlelight vigil outside Rep. Ribble's Appleton office at the Radisson Paper Valley Hotel, 333 W. College Ave., Appleton.
- Janesville: 4:00 p.m. candlelight vigil outside Rep. Ryan’s Office, 20 South Main St., Janesville, WI 53545.
- Kenosha: 4:00 p.m. candlelight vigil outside of Rep. Ryan’s Kenosha office, 5455 Sheridan Rd., Kenosha, WI 53140.
- La Crosse: 4:00 p.m. candlelight vigil outside Rep. Kind's office, 205 Fifth Avenue South, La Crosse, WI 54601.
- Madison: 4:00 p.m. candlelight vigil at Sen. Kohl’s office, 14 W. Mifflin St., Madison, WI 53703.
- Milwaukee: 10:00 a.m.
carnation vigil at Senator Herb Kohl’s office, 310 W. Wisconsin Ave.
Followed by a march to Senator Ron Johnson’s office.
- Wausau: 12:00 p.m., 400 block of downtown Wausau. Sing Christmas Carols about jobs and hand out pieces of coal from Rep. Duffy for his lack of worker-friendly legislation this session.
- Wisconsin Rapids: 3:00 p.m. candlelight vigil outside Laborer's Hall, 220 Johnson St., 54493.
Make your voice heard; join us at an action near you on Monday, December 10.