We are challenging all of our supporters to Buy Wisconsin this holiday season. This allows for us to support Wisconsin jobs, Wisconsin workers and Wisconsin families.
Just one purchase can make a difference. Economists estimate that if each American spends $64 on U.S. items this holiday season, we’d create 200,000 jobs.
Here are some gift ideas for your Buy Wisconsin Shopping List. You can submit your own ideas at the Wisconsin AFL-CIO Face Book page.
Ware Pots and Pans, made in West Bend.
• Wigwam Socks, made in Sheboygan.
• Rowe Pottery, made in Cambridge.
• Miller Beer, made in Milwaukee.
• Usinger’s Sausage and Smoked Meats, made in Milwaukee.
• Klement’s Sausages.
• Red Wing Boots, made in Minnesota, but so close!
• Carmex Lip Balm, made in Franklin, makes a great stocking stuffer.
• Cold Weather Gear at Wolf Song Wear, made in Bayfield, or Technical Advantage Gear.
• John Deere lawn mowers made in Horicon.
• Master Lock locks made in Milwaukee.
• Locally hand-made goods including this greeting card by a Milwaukee artist.
*For someone who has been extra nice this year -- a Harley Davidson Motorcycle!
It is always important to buy American and buy union-made whenever possible to support American workers and companies who provide a living wage for their employees.
When picking out greeting cards, wrapping paper and other holiday items, check the label to see where it is made.
Conscious shoppers help keep good
jobs in America!