Join the Wisconsin Education Associaton Council for an exciting community event to reclaim Wisconsin by making education a priority!
Last year, thousands of educators were laid off as a result of budget cuts. And this spring, more layoff notices will be issued in school districts across the state – representing a greater loss to our students and schools.
The “Red School Bus Tour” is one of the ways we’re responding to unprecedented school budget cuts.
The Red School Bus Tour will visit six communities in late April and early May:
• Lodi: Wednesday, April 25, activities begin at 4:45 p.m.; speakers begin at 5 p.m., Habermann Park, Lodi (corner of Fair Street and South Main Street in downtown Lodi)
• Eau Claire: Thursday, April 26, activities begin at 5 p.m.; speakers begin at 5:30 p.m., South Middle School, 2115 Mitscher Ave., Eau Claire
• Rhinelander: Monday, April 30, activities begin at 4 p.m.; speakers begin at 4:30 p.m., South Park Elementary School, 511 S Pelham St., Rhinelander
• Racine: Tuesday, May 1, activities begin at 5 p.m.; speakers begin at 5:30 p.m., Monument Square, 502 Main Street, Racine
• Green Bay: Wednesday, May 2, activities begin at 5 p.m.; speakers begin at 5:30 p.m., Joannes Park, East Walnut Street, Green Bay (across from East High School)
• Wausau: Thursday, May 3, activities begin at 5 p.m.; speakers begin at 5:30 p.m., Wausau Labor Temple, 318 S. 3rd Ave.
All across Wisconsin, citizens are expressing their concern about the impacts historic cuts to education are having on schools, students, and Wisconsin’s future. Educators, parents, and community groups from your area will share their stories about making public education a priority in Wisconsin.
Join to rally around public education and remember to “wear red for public ed”!