Today’s rally at the capital in Madison had an estimated crowd of 15,000 people, and additional actions took place statewide. In order to stop Governor Walker's efforts to take away the rights of Wisconsin workers, we are going to have to keep the pressure on. In fact, our goal is to kick it up a notch.
Governor Walker and his allies are trying to ram this bill through as quickly as possible; it could be passed as soon as this Thursday. We’re doing all we can to stop this.
Here's what you can do:
* Join us for a rally. Click here for more details.
* Continue to call your legislators at 877-753-5578. The phone lines have been jammed, and we want to keep them that way.
* Email your legislators. Click here to use our easy online template, and don’t forget, you can customize it!
* Send a letter to the editor of your local newspaper. Click here for some ideas to get started.
* Spread the word. Use Facebook, twitter and good old-fashioned word of mouth to make sure that your friends and neighbors have seen our ads and are taking action.
Time is running out. Take action today to defend collective bargaining rights for future generations.
(Photo taken at the capital on February 15th by Union Labor News. For the latest photo uploads, visit: http://flickr.com/wisaflcio.)