On June 1, 2012, pizza workers at Palermo’s Pizza in the Menomonee Valley walked off the job to stand up for better wages, safe working conditions and the right to a union. Since then, OSHA has cited Palermo's for 8 safety violations and a workplace accident in May resulted in a worker losing three fingers.
One year after the walkout, workers want the owners of Palermo’s, the Falluca brothers, to know that they’re not done fighting for justice.
Join strikers and their loved ones on Saturday, June 1, 2013 for an 18-mile March for a Slice of Justice. Share the Face Book event page!
The march will begin with a sendoff rally at 8:00 a.m.,Palermo’s at 3301 W. Canal St., and end with an 8:00 p.m. candlelight vigil at Palermo's owner home at 12801 N. Fox Hollow Rd. Mequon.
It’s a long march from Palermo’s in Milwaukee to the owner’s home in Mequon, but it’s also been a long fight. We encourage you to take part at any point of the day that works for you.
March Route, Rest Stop Locations and Approximate Timing
• Start at 3301 W. Canal St. (8:00AM)
• 3.4 mi REST STOP #1: Fund Du Lac @ Burleigh @ 36th St. (10:00AM)
• 6.1 mi REST STOP #2: Fund Du Lac @ Hampton @ 68th St. (11:45AM)
• 10.0 mi REST STOP #3: Northtown Church, Fund Du Lac @ 107th St. (2:15PM)
• 12.0 mi REST STOP #4: Popuch Park, 107th @ Donna Dr. (3:45PM)
• 16.5 mi REST STOP #5: Trinity Lutheran, 107th @ Freistadt (6:30PM)
• 17.7 mi VIGIL SITE, 12801 N. Fox Hollow Rd (7:30PM)